Re: Goals for repo conversion day

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Goals for repo conversion day
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 06:16:53 +0100 (CET)

> By the time I did groff, late last year, my tools and procedures for
> normal cases were pretty well routinized and bulletproofed.  You can
> read about them here:

Speaking as the (almost former) groff maintainer: The conversion
wasn't perfect at the first time – it suffered the *empty ChangeLog*
problem due to a too small time window for merging related multiple
CVS commits into a single git commit –, but Eric posted the git
repository for downloading (or rather, he posted a fast-import dump
with instructions how to proceed), and after some improvements I was
satisfied with the result, which is now the official git repository.
Thanks again for that, Eric!

> The other: historically, I've usually worked in collaboration with a
> Mr. Inside, a senior project dev, who checked my work in progress
> from a position of intimate knowledge of the project history.
>
> Congratulations, I think you've elected yourself for that job.

Hehe :-)

    Werner