Re: Changes in update-game-score.c

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Changes in update-game-score.c
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:33:58 -0800

Glenn Morris wrote:
Fcopy_file seems to have managed ok for the past 8 years.

Although all mainstream POSIXish platforms have fchmod these days, one oldish platform (BeOS) lacks it. It's easy enough to port to such platforms, so we might as well.

This problem isn't limited to update-game-score. I found three other instances in Emacs. The first was in qcopy_acl (called by Fcopy_file) and I fixed it in trunk bzr 116124. The other two are in fileio.c and filelock.c. The attached patch should fix it; I plan to install it unless someone points out a problem with it.