Re: Emacs terminology (not again!?) [was: Apologia for bzr]

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacs terminology (not again!?) [was: Apologia for bzr]
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 13:21:06 +0100

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

We could make an incompatible "simple" interface for Emacs and make it
easy to learn.  It could look just like gedit, perhaps.

It might be better, overall, if gedit were implemented as such an
interface to Emacs.  I am not sure it would have been less work, though.

Perhaps it does not matter if it would have been less work in the beginning. Perhaps the long term outcome matters more.

However, if you change it that much, it won't give people an easy pathway
to using Emacs.  Its commands would be all different.

I see no reason the commands would be different. Not at the beginners level.