Re: Creating aliases for epa-* comands => crypt-* commands?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Creating aliases for epa-* comands => crypt-* commands?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:54:50 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I think that as long as there is no existing alternative, it makes no
>>> sense to provide aliases.  And we're talking about 30 autoloaded
>>> functions.
>> The idea was to make epa-* easier to discover by providing a better
>> prefix.  But I agree 30 aliases sounds too much.
>
> I use EPA but have never needed to call something that has "epa" it
> its name.

Outside email encryption, where I don't need to remember the epa-*
prefix, I use epa-list-keys and occasionnally epa-import-keys.

When I forget about the prefix, I use the GUI gpa tool instead.

> I just open a foo.gpg file and things "just work".
> There's an "Encryption/Decryption" submenu which seems "discoverable".
> In what sense does it need to be more "discoverable"?

To help those who don't use the menu bar, I'd say.

Actually, gpg-* would be the best prefix for me.

If I tell a friend "You can list your keys from Emacs", that's what
he will certainly try first.  Not epa-list-keys, which is not even
available from a menu.

--
 Bastien