Re: More fun with vcswitness

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: More fun with vcswitness
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 23:19:42 +0100

Hello.

12 jan 2014 kl. 22:12 skrev Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

> srcdir should always be a relative file name, like ../foo, never
> absolute.

Is this the srcdir used when compiling in a separate directory?
Then there is a problem.  See bug 15795
(http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15795#11) where this was said:

4 nov 2013 kl. 09:10 skrev Glenn Morris <address@hidden>:

> PS try configuring your out-of-tree build using an absolute path to the
> srcdir.

So srcdir is recommended to be absolute in this case.  Not that I've seen
anywhere stating that separate build directory should use relative paths.
Of course if compile mode was smarter this could go away.

Ignore if you are talking about another srcdir.

        Jan D.