Re: About the :distant-foreground face attribute

From: Darren Hoo
Subject: Re: About the :distant-foreground face attribute
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 06:29:06 +0800

David Engster <address@hidden> writes:

> My Eclipse does that. I use the Zenburn color theme, though. Maybe it is
> configurable, I don't know. Anyway, I think that it is the right
> *default* behavior: making the region clearly visible and not caring
> about font lock.

I see. I never used customized Eclipse color theme. I assume Zenburn might
be a dark theme.

I think that by default (No color theme) Emacs should work as what it
did before. But with color themes especially for the dark ones I would
not insist on the the region font lock.

>> Especially for Eclipse I remembered that when I used it about a decade
>> ago copying selected code from Eclipse to other WYSIWYG applications
>> like MS PowerPoint the syntax highlight is also copied ie, rich formatted.
>
> And what do those editors do when the highlight background color is very
> similar to one of the font-lock colors?

I am quite happy with Intellij Idea's dark theme (Dracula), I have used
it for quite a while and have never seen illegilbe selected text.
But I don't know how it does well so I can not provide any useful
information here.