Re: dealing with local patches - mercurial queues over bzr/git checkout

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: dealing with local patches - mercurial queues over bzr/git checkout
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 20:58:00 +0100

Eli Zaretskii writes:
> But then if I need to bisect the merge done by you, I see a single
> large commit, instead of the series of small ones.  And that makes it
> hard both to bisect and, if needed, revert a small part of the merge.

Please try it yourself.  If you use the workflow I described, there is
either no merge at all or a single merge; but all your commits, large or
small, are still present after the push including their timeline.  The
only thing different from the "standard" workflow is that there aren't
spurious merges to upstream inbetween, so it's vastly easier to follow
what you did from looking at the log.

Regards,
Achim.