Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git

From: grischka
Subject: Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 14:08:17 +0100

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
I do wonder if new contributers to projects are ever discouraged by the difficulty of learning git - it must be an order of magnitude more difficult to learn to use effectively than CVS or Mercurial.

FWIW, at http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git we allow pushes for
everybody without registration, and while we had quite some
such contributions we didn't see a single git question on the
mailing list nor any mess in the repo over the years ever.

Beyond that these people almost never seem to write bad patches,
and eventually are lazy to explain what they are doing.  Maybe
by incident, maybe not.

--- grischka