Re: Apologia for bzr

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 11:01:55 +0100

Stefan Monnier writes:
>> I guess I really meant "If they switch to having a common branch history
>> with core Emacs, then merging and change porting gets a lot easier,
>
> As you know, there is no VCS tool out there that can actually handle
> such a thing.  Two-way syncs between different branches is still an
> open problem.

The question is whether you would consider adding projects as submodules
to the Emacs repository. I think this would make sense for CEDET; we
already have a branch upstream which mirrors the lisp/cedet directory in
Emacs. This would of course imply that we move our repository from
Sourceforge to Savannah, and sync our user lists so that people can
push.

It'd be premature to discuss details now, of course, but I know that not
everyone is fond of submodules, and I'd just like to know if you're one
of those. :-)

-David