Re: Apologia for bzr

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 21:50:34 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> I guess we should stop investing so much effort in the Emacs manuals,
> then -- there's so much resources out there, let the users look for
> them instead.

As already said, man pages are not for learning core concepts of the
tool (except for the specific man pages devoted to that purpose, of
course.) You can't expect to edit some files on a source tree versioned
under git and then do a `git help commit' and learn how to commit your
changes right away, because git uses some concepts which are not shared
by other VCS you might know. You need to understand how git works first
and learn the terminology.

Really, I see no difference with any other non-trivial software package.
It is not as if the output of C-h k M-w is self-contained and free of
Emacs-specific jargon.