Re: How to update the copyright notice?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: How to update the copyright notice?
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:16:13 -0500

Xue Fuqiao wrote:

> The year 2014 is coming, and I'd love to help update the copyright
> notices in the repo, like the one committed by Paul[fn:1].

I really appreciate your enthusiasm, and please don't take this the
wrong way, but could you perhaps try to focus on more important things?
For example, I've been hoping you would comment on
http://debbugs.gnu.org/15754 .

Updating the copyrights is a meaningless, almost entirely automatic
task, that only one person can sensibly do. IMO, you really should not
waste time learning about it.