Re: maintain flymake.el

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Re: maintain flymake.el
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:02:24 +0800

On 2013-12-16 22:32 +0800, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
> I thought it was a thorough comparison.  I'll let Leo, if he's willing,
> answer any items.

I am not looking at flycheck yet. I have some ideas to clean up
(rewrite) flymake first. Roughly it will have three components:

1. error presentation
2. controllers
3. error sources

One of the error sources will be from compile.el. The code will tightly
integrate with features in emacs. I expect after such cleanup it should
not exceed 1000 lines.

I am tied in another project at the moment but will look into this soon.

Leo