Re: Desktop tty frames

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Desktop tty frames
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 17:27:36 +0100

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:

> That's how I would have done it 10years ago, but lots of things have
> changed since then.  Linux has found ways to ensure that devices have
> stable names, maybe the X.org guys figured out how to do it be X
> servers.
>
> too bad they didn't, eh?

frameset.el has been mostly tested on Windows, which is what I use; I
have received some feedback, but not much (other than Drew's), which
presumably means that it hasn't caused any major trouble ;-)  But
perhaps POSIX people can suggest ways to make it better.

I suppose we'll know once the pretest starts.