Re: Emacs as word processor

From: T.V. Raman
Subject: Re: Emacs as word processor
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:17:14 -0800

I spent about 6 years (2000 -- 2006) investing in XMl  hoping
that it would give us s-expressions -- sadly it gave everything
but.

To me the living proof  of this is  that in 2013, I write org
files by hand -- in 2001 when I was still dreaming the xml will
give us s-expressions dream, I wrote xml and html by hand - the
zenith was nxml-mode -- but though nxml-mode is a marvellous
piece of work, xml dragged in far too much of the old sgml
baggage, without bringing much new to the party --