Re: Added support for Unicode file names on MS-Windows.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Added support for Unicode file names on MS-Windows.
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:48:20 +0200

> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:11:59 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> > Starting with trunk revision 115490, Emacs on Windows can access files
> > whose names include characters outside of the current ANSI codepage.
> > This has been the subject of several bug reports in the past.
>
> Gets my vote for patch of the year (on Windows, at least)!

Thanks.  But I would reserve my judgment at least until we see that no
significant breakage was caused by these invasive changes.

(My testing was as thorough as I could afford, but my Windows machines
are always configured for a single-byte locale with US English as the
default language, so I have no real-life use cases for working with
non-ASCII directories, let alone those outside of the locale's
codepage.)