Re: What happened to smtp/sasl?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: What happened to smtp/sasl?
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:13:57 -0500

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 17:39:27 +0100 Julien Danjou <address@hidden> wrote:

JD> Just updated to latest Emacs snapshot, and my SMTP configuration stopped
JD> working. After digging a bit, I managed to change the set smtp-*
JD> variables, but I think we have a feature regression here.

JD> I didn't find any way to store the SASL password. Now I've to type each
JD> time I sent a mail. Before that, smtpmail was (somehow) using
JD> auth-source, which stores my login and password for the SMTP server.

JD> What happened there?

Hi Julien,

can you give a bug report or a way to duplicate the issue?  What's in
your .authinfo file?  What was the last working Emacs version for this?
What servers (ideally accessible publicly) are you hitting?  I need to
replicate it somehow.

I don't think I've changed anything that could cause this regression,
but I just don't know where to begin hunting.

Ted