Re: Emacs as word processor / Text Properties

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacs as word processor / Text Properties
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 02:27:58 +0100

The capability to export from .org files to LibreOffice etc is a very good feature. However the trouble is you can not import LibreOffice (since .org files can't handle all of the structure).

I think it is a huge job to be able to edit something with all the structures in a LibreOffice file (I am thinking of just Writer part). Perhaps a LibreOffice plugin is a bit easier to develop since Emacs does not have to hold the complicated XML data. I suppose it has to ask LibreOffice for it. Perhaps the plugin then must not then be able to edit all the data. (That depends of course on the plugin architecture.)