Re: Emacs will never be a WYSIWYG-editor and should not try to

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Emacs will never be a WYSIWYG-editor and should not try to
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:33:18 +0100

Richard Stallman writes:
>     I hope that my suggestion to test Org will somehow not be burried
>     with this huge thread :)
>
> I tried it a little bit and it ran into an undefined function.
> Then I rebuilt the autoloads.  I will try it again when I have time.

My recommendation is to use the build system and properly install Org,
otherwise (depending on how your startup is structured) you can all too
easily pull in some older parts of Org that are part of Emacs' own
installation.  The minimum requirement is that the autoloads have been
generated (as you've found out), but in this case the load-path must
point to org-mode/lisp/ before any other startup that potentially loads
any piece of org-mode takes place.

Regards,
Achim.