Re: Emacs as word processor

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: Emacs as word processor
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 18:58:46 +0530

On Tue, Nov 19 2013,Richard Stallman wrote:

>         [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
>         [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
>         [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.
>
> Would it make sense to add display features so that Org mode
> could display more like LibreOffice?

Have you seen the preview option of AucTeX?  It renders the equations
and images referenced in the .tex file inline as you type it in.
Would that be a direction in which you'd want the WYSIWYG feature to
go.  Write in some markup and have a real time buffer render it
immediately as you type?

 sivaram