Re: Emacs as word processor

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Emacs as word processor
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 16:27:53 +0100

Am 17.11.2013 08:28, schrieb Richard Stallman:
25 years ago I hoped we would extend Emacs to do WYSIWG word
processing.  That is why we added text properties and variable width
fonts.  However, more features are still needed to achieve this.

Could people please start working on the features that are needed?

Welcome any further enhancement of Emacs as an editor.
However don't think WYSIWG is the right way.

The focus at edit times IMO is quite different from that of final readers.
For example I'd like to see footnotes-anchors better than in document than.

But why not have an  ODF-backend for text-modes, so formats might be stored
across sessions?

Best regards,

Andreas