Re: Annoying (frameset bug?): desktop-mode and maxmized frame

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Annoying (frameset bug?): desktop-mode and maxmized frame
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 13:29:28 +0100

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:

> No, I use a single frame.  I don't plan to use multiple frames.

I'm not surprised your proposed change works for you, then. But it can
not possibly work for multi-(frames|windows) setups, because if you
restore frames before buffers you screw up the window-buffer
correspondences.

Anyway, if you use a single-frame setup, I don't understand why you do
use desktop-restore-frames. It would seem more logical to turn if off
and maximize the single frame by other means (like initial-frame-alist
or some of the initialization hooks,depending on the moment you want
the frame to maximize).