Re: Rectangular regions

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Rectangular regions
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 15:55:45 -0400

>> > GUD could simply override the binding: I find it hard to believe a
>> > rectangular region could be useful in GUD buffers.
>> GUD's binding is global (it's useless in the *gud* buffer, since it's
>> to be used at the location where you want to place a breakpoint).
> Then how about if GUD binds "C-x SPC" locally in buffers whose major
> mode inherits from prog-mode?

We could clearly do that (or even be more discriminating and only
affecting buffers whose major mode is "related" to the debugged
program).

But there can be good reasons to use rectangle operations in programming
modes as well, so it would still clash.  I don't think it would be
better than just dropping the C-x SPC binding for gud-break.

        Stefan