DOS versions [was Re: [Patch] reformat man buffer on the fly for man.el]

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: DOS versions [was Re: [Patch] reformat man buffer on the fly for man.el]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 13:37:07 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> "MS-DOS" is not a specific system, it's a family of systems (which
> includes FreeDOS, but is not limited to it).  I see no reason to
> include in the manual a list of all the systems in that family,
> certainly not at this time.

I think there would be some minor utility in listing in msdos/README
exactly which systems Emacs is supported under. Is FreeDOS one of those?

Ref eg
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2012-11/msg01166.html

BTW, anyone know if FreeDOS considered free software by the FSF these
days?

Ref eg
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-08/msg00009.html
(from several years ago, so quite likely to be outdated)