Re: Request: Use message instead of message_with_string for user visible

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Request: Use message instead of message_with_string for user visible output?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:54:14 -0400

> Could you please update keyboard.c to call message instead of
> message_with_string when the user presses a key that is
> undefined?

I've changed the code to call `undefined' which then uses `message'.

> I understand that opinions re advice is mixed with some
> considering it a kluge, but kluge or not, it's stood Emacspeak
> in good stead and helped create a solution that has made me and
> others very productive over the last 18 years:-)

Advice is great, indeed.  But w generally try to take existing advices
as indication that we should add hooks and/or refactor code so that
those pieces of advice aren't needed any more.

But don't worry: emacspeak is not the only package that's been relying
on advice for many years.  `unquify' is another one that even comes
bundled with Emacs.

        Stefan