Re: trunk r114834: Tweak Tramp method definition syntax to allow overrid

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: trunk r114834: Tweak Tramp method definition syntax to allow overriding check for localhost-only methods
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 00:42:12 -0700

On 10/29/2013 12:26 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:
Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> writes:
I do locally --- a custom tramp method that connects to just one host
and therefore doesn't refer to %h --- but more generally, it seems odd
to tie the local- versus remote-capable distinction to just referring
to %h.

That's what you have said in the docstring, more or less. Could you,
please, show me your use case?

It's largely a copy of sshx with some pre-connection twiddling and out-of-band host selection. I'd rather not actually reproduce it here. If you object strongly to my change, I can back it out of course; I'll have to figure out a way to insert a dummy %h.

Note, that I have converted tramp-methods from defcustom to defvar a
while ago. It's meanwhile too complex, to offer it as general purpose
config mean.

Then it might be worthwhile to remove the section about non-standard methods from the manual entirely. In the meantime, it seems perfectly amenable to customization by ambitious end users.