Re: Is the autogen directory still needed?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Is the autogen directory still needed?
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 22:08:16 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> The MS-DOS port is not a relevant factor AFAICS, because no-one builds
>> it from bzr
>
> I do.

In all honesty, I _strongly_ suspect you are the only person who does
so, and now you must have autotools installed on MS Windows, so you can
generate config.in etc yourself, rather than us keeping it in the repo
just for you. I'm pretty sure it goes through lengthy periods of not
being buildable on MS-DOS due to addition of new @...@ constructs etc in
the Makefiles, and no-one has ever commented to my knowledge.