Re: Emacs and XDG Base Dir Spec was: persistent storage for Emacs packag

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Emacs and XDG Base Dir Spec was: persistent storage for Emacs packages
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:35:36 +0200

Hello.

> 21 okt 2013 kl. 08:32 skrev Glenn Morris <address@hidden>:
>
> Jan Djärv wrote:
>
>> The freedesktop standards tend to come and go and change quite a bit.
>
> Really? No stable state reached after 5 years?

The latest version is about 3 years old.  That is pretty stable for a
freedesktop specifikation. But this spec. is about one page long...

>> Are we contemplating this "standard" for non-freedesktop systems also?
>
> Noboby shows any sign of actually _doing_ anything, so I wouldn't worry.

It would be good to know what the policy is in case someone would like to do
something. OSX-style dirs on OSX, W32-style on W32, XDG-style on Freedesktop
systems (how can we know that?), old style for the rest?

     Jan D.