Re: electric-indent-mode: abolition of `newline' function is not the Rig

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: electric-indent-mode: abolition of `newline' function is not the Right Thing.
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 20:34:56 +0200

For what you want, `newline-and-indent' exists, as you know.

I've been talking about the command run by RET and that I'm lost when I
run emacs -Q and try to do some editing.  Otherwise, I don't care about
the standard behavior because I obviously have RET run my own command.
But if I were new to Emacs, I certainly would want RET to indent the new
line out of the box.

martin