Re: APL mode

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: APL mode
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 20:10:40 +0900

Rustom Mody writes:

 > Not to say that I am afraid of CFGs -- more afraid of regexps with 16
 > backslashes in a row!!

XEmacsen have rawstrings (couldn't resist), but the real answer is to
use one of the regexp constructor packages if you don't feel like
dealing the the unfortunate consequences of the traditional use of the
same character to indicate string escapes and regexp constructs too.

 > Can you point me to somewhere to read as example?

css-mode, htmlize, nroff-mode, xpm-mode, xrdb-mode.  But you won't
find a Lispish parser in any of them IIRC.  Rather the parsing is
buried in movement functions and the like.  To find what you're
looking for, find the keymap, and then find the motion function.