Re: RFC: User-defined pseudovectors

From: Dmitry Antipov
Subject: Re: RFC: User-defined pseudovectors
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 17:41:26 +0400

On 10/10/2013 04:52 PM, Dmitry Antipov wrote:

The gist of my patch is to add a new type of pseudovector which is
like a normal vector, except the first element holds a symbol which is
its Lisp type.  So type-of returns whatever is in the first slot.
This may sound slightly reckless, and probably is.  It's just a first
shot.

Why make-typed-pseudovector & the rest can't be done in elisp?

(Look at lisp/emacs-lisp/timer.el to see how some non-trivial
things can be implemented on top of plain vector).

Plus, if we really need the ability to add builtin Lisp types to
interface foreign DSOs, I'll vote to design this on top of Lisp_Misc.

Dmitry