Re: Drop-down menus, popup menus, and popup dialogs supported on TTYs

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Drop-down menus, popup menus, and popup dialogs supported on TTYs
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 18:46:23 +0100

On 09/10/13 17:35, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Hmm... do people really want to have menus when the menu bar is turned
off?  I thought they disable the menu bar because they don't want any
menus at all.

But if this is what people want, I don't mind.

Opinions?

I never use it personally, but on emacs 24.3 under x11 at least, F10 - as bound by default to menu-bar-open - does still open the global menu even when menu-bar-mode is off (though it does use a popup rather than top-menu-bar appearance). It might therefore be considered consistent for it to still open the menu on the terminal too? So long as F10 can still be rebound to something else entirely anyway, it seems okay...