RE: Text Mode Menu

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Text Mode Menu
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 13:44:10 -0700 (PDT)

> I'll be honest; I find the menu implementations of all the major
> and minor modes to be frankly horribly inconsistant. I suspect
> this is something I should get used to.

No, I hope you don't. ;-)  That is, the fact that you notice such
inconsistency and it bothers you is a *good* thing for Emacs.

If you have the time, it is better to file a bug report/enhancement
request (`M-x report-emacs-bug'), preferably with some concrete
suggestions or even a patch or two, than it is to just adapt as a
user to any such perceived Emacs weaknesses.

It is good to find people particularly interested in the usability
of Emacs menus.  This has generally not been a super high priority
among Emacs developers.  But they will likely listen to your
suggestions.  But hurry, before you adapt to the status quo. ;-)