Re: run/load a lisp script before user init file

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: Re: run/load a lisp script before user init file
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 21:37:40 +0200

W dniu 10/07/2013 09:00 PM, Eli Zaretskii pisze:
So should I place some multi-line code in site-start, so that it be safe
to execute? But this is not so easy to do from installer. So this may be
dangerous too.
I don't see why would this be dangerous, especially on Windows.

Appending to the end of the file is a piece of cake. But I have to consider also a reinstallation case. A case that the file was edited and then reinstallation happens. So I need to find my previous code, erase it. What a complicated process. And this complication makes a lot of error opportunities. Any error in this file makes emacs not start at all. That's dangerous.

Chances of such a file to exist on Windows are nil.

Does that mean I should overwrite the file not caring who used it and what for? That's what you call a "clean solution"? :)

Jarek