Re: use local emacs server from remote systems

From: chad
Subject: Re: use local emacs server from remote systems
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 08:55:53 -0700

On 06 Oct 2013, at 06:47, Thomas Koch <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've read a blog post that describes how to use a local emacs server with tcp
> from remote systems[1].

The article seems to think that emacsclient and tramp don't work
together, but they do. I'd suggest looking at the tramp user manual,
either at:

        http://www.gnu.org/software/tramp/

or inside emacs: C-h i d m Tramp RET

I'll also say that emacs 24 came out over a year ago, emacs 24.3 came out 6+
months ago, and I really hope it isn't a barrier to adoption for anyone.

I hope that helps,
~Chad