Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114523: * progmodes/octave.el (inferior-octave-

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114523: * progmodes/octave.el (inferior-octave-mode): Call
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 10:43:09 +0800

On 2013-10-05 01:53 +0800, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> This call doesn't seem very useful: at that point in time, there aren't
> any errors parsed yet anyway.

The intention of the change I made is to make C-x ` go to the errors by
latest run-octave instead of past run-octave, i.e. one can M-x
run-octave multiple times in the same buffer. Is this useful?

> The need for compilation-forget-errors is because in a comint-buffer,
> you can have error "foo:3:Syntax error" appear many times following
> different commands loading different versions of "foo" (e.g. because it
> was edited in the mean time).  So you need to call
> compilation-forget-errors whenever you know that the underlying process
> will look at "files that have been modified".  It's often difficult to
> know "the right place" where it should be called, but typically
> <foo>-send-region, and related functions are good spots.

I am not entirely sure but I have put in a call to
compilation-forget-errors in octave-send-region just like
prolog-old-process-file for example. Hope this makes sense.

Leo