Re: security of the emacs package system, elpa, melpa and marmalade

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: security of the emacs package system, elpa, melpa and marmalade
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:21:25 +0200

Matthias Dahl <address@hidden> writes:

>> Emacs is about empowering the user.
>
> Sure. But all of that does not necessarily contradict security or make
> the code full of security leaks / holes.

It is. Security, as implemented in practice, is about restricting
users/software from doing things or, at best, "informing" the users
about the implications of certain actions and asking for permission,
questions equivalent to "do you trust me?." I answered that question
once and for all the day I installed Emacs.