Re: Inlining doesn't happen on OS X: big performance problem

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Inlining doesn't happen on OS X: big performance problem
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 08:37:49 -0700

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> FWIW, that also baffles me,

It's useful for projects that build multiple libraries, where there isn't
centralized control over what gets inlined where, and that's
where I picked up the style.  However, the style is indeed overkill for
Emacs.  I pushed a patch to use a simpler style, with just a
single INLINE macro rather than BUFFER_INLINE, LISP_INLINE, etc.,
as trunk bzr 114410.