Re: Building Emacs from a new MinGW environment

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Building Emacs from a new MinGW environment
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 23:19:06 +0200

>> > What is the value of srcdir in top-level Makefile?
>>
>> it is
>>   /home/dani/emacs/emacs.git
>
> That's the source of the problem, it should be something like
> /c/msys/home/dani/emacs/emacs.git.  So it now looks like configure
> and/or config.status didn't edit Makefile.in as it should have.
>
> How did you invoke the configure script?

Like this:
  $ cd ~/emacs/build
  $ rm -fr *
  $ CPPFLAGS='-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1' CFLAGS='-O0 -g3'
../emacs.git/nt/msysconfig.sh --enable-checking

And apparently, everything was fine:

  Configured for `i686-pc-mingw32'.

    Where should the build process find the source code?
/home/dani/emacs/emacs.git
    What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc
-std=gnu99 -O0 -g3
    Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             yes
    Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    yes
    Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
    What window system should Emacs use?                    w32
    What toolkit should Emacs use?                          none
    Where do we find X Windows header files?                NONE
    Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   NONE
    Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
    Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   yes
    Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  yes
    Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  yes
    Does Emacs use a gif library?                           yes
    Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   yes
    Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?                                no
    Does Emacs use imagemagick?                             no
    Does Emacs support sound?                               no
    Does Emacs use -lgpm?                                   no
    Does Emacs use -ldbus?                                  no
    Does Emacs use -lgconf?                                 no
    Does Emacs use GSettings?                               no
    Does Emacs use a file notification library?             yes (w32)
    Does Emacs use access control lists?                    yes
    Does Emacs use -lselinux?                               no
    Does Emacs use -lgnutls?                                yes
    Does Emacs use -lxml2?                                  yes
    Does Emacs use -lfreetype?                              no
    Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt?                              no
    Does Emacs use -lotf?                                   no
    Does Emacs use -lxft?                                   no
    Does Emacs directly use zlib?                           yes
    Does Emacs use toolkit scroll bars?                     yes

--
Dani Moncayo