Re: ELPA commit freeze

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ELPA commit freeze
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 01:16:57 -0400

> The packages/js2-mode subtree history is wrong,

That's for sure: it pretends that all changes until the conversion to
Git happened directly in `elpa'.

> so the wrong history got pushed.

I'd expect this history to be "the true js2-mode history plus
a redundant copy of that history from the packages/js-2mode directory of
the Bzr branch".  Is that the case, or do you get "the true js-2mode
history plus the complete history of the whole elpa branch".

In the case of a "duplicate history", I think it's about as good as it's
going to get, because of the fact that the "subtree merge" was only made
at the end.  To get something better, we'd have to reconstruct the elpa
branch bit by bit, performing the merges as if they'd been done right
back when we added/updated all those externally maintained branches.

> You did. See 293db6e (Fix up copyrights and the checking code).

I think this was before I fixed the email-massaging scripts to adjust to
the new format.  I'll install one of my pending minor cleanups to the
js2-mode, so we can make sure it works.

        Stefan