Re: ELPA commit freeze

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: ELPA commit freeze
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:56:25 +0300

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> I think I'm about ready to switch ELPA to use Git.  So please, refrain
> to commit to the `elpa' branch until I announce the availability of the
> new Git repository.
>
> If someone can provide a better Git branch than Andreas's on repo.or.cz,
> speak now or forever hold your peace.

Like I said, I'm quite willing to make a repo with packages imported as
subtrees from upstream repositories. Without a hosting, though.

The reason I haven't done it yet, is, like I mentioned, many upstream
repos differ quite a bit from their conterparts in packages/, and as a
result those packages will probably fail to build.