Re: Git version of ELPA

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Git version of ELPA
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 01:08:01 +0300

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Does it have the externally available packages merged as "git subtree"s?
>> As if, yes.
>
> Hmm.. thanks, it does seem to be working fairly well in my
> limited tests.

If having externally available packages merged as subtrees means that
the repo should include the revision histories from the upstream
repositories, it doesn't. At least, not for js2-mode and company.

Similarly, directories packages/{company,js2-mode} don't include the
additional files and directories present in upstream repos but not in
ELPA, containing tests, README.md and a few other supporting files.

I imagine that's going to complicate the merging procedure.