Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113773: Gnus: delete temporary files when Gnus

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113773: Gnus: delete temporary files when Gnus exits instead of using timers
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 22:07:20 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't think there "a solution".  You could mix the two previous
> solutions: have a timer erase the files after some time, plus have an
> exit-hook that also deletes the files.

Yes.  Having the files in /tmp linger for a "long time" is not what
users expect, I think, and may lead to privacy problems.  So Gnus should
delete the files "as fast as possible", which may not be very fast, but
should be quicker than the Emacs lifetime.

So I think deleting on Emacs exit is good, but there should be a timer
to delete things "fast".  Like, one minute, perhaps?  Surely even the
xgd launcher must have managed to start and read the file by then?

  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php
  and http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2013/08/twenty-years-of-september.html