Re: Determining whether a TCP connection is up

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Determining whether a TCP connection is up
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 04:37:16 +0200

chad <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a useful DBus or NetworkManager interface that will help
> in the GNU/Linux case?

Yes.  But it doesn't help in the "tethered" case, where your "router"
(i.e., your cell phone) changes IP, but your laptop doesn't.

That's no reason not do write code to terminate all current TCP
connections if DBus says that we've changed IP (we should do that, too),
but it's not a complete solution.

  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php
  and http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2013/08/twenty-years-of-september.html