Re: Emacs Lisp and Lisp mode font-locking

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp and Lisp mode font-locking
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 02:38:57 +0200

Hi Bozhidar,

> I've noticed something odd about the font-locking in Emacs Lisp and
> Lisp mode - keyword args are highlighted using the
> font-lock-builtin-face and constructs like &optional are highlighted
> using font-lock-type-face.
>
> I guess this was was done way back and hasn't been updated in a
> while, but I think it might a good idea to revise this. Pretty sure
> those font faces are intended for different usage. I think it would
> be great if all Emacs programming modes used the faces consistently,
> so that the meaning of certain faces doesn't change from mode to
> mode.
>
> I guess that the two modes might also start using the
> font-lock-built-in face to highlight their core functions (like car,
> cdr, mapcar, mapc, etc) - as Clojure mode does.

Typically, if you get no answer here, nobody disagrees, and nobody wants
to care about it at the moment.  Please make a bug report.  Please give
some details what exactly should be changed, e.g. which faces should be
used instead of the ones you don't want to use.  Then, I hope someone
will have a look sooner or later.

Regards,

Michael.