Re: Sweeter Emacs Lisp

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Sweeter Emacs Lisp
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:26:48 +0900

Bozhidar Batsov <address@hidden> writes:
> I'll also feel it's about time the Emacs Lisp standard library got a
> bit of facelift. In a time when most Lisp have embraces `first` and
> `rest` where're still clinging to functions named `car` and `cdr`
> for instance.

Er, what?  I dunno about "weird" lisps like clojure, but AFAICS, car
and cdr are way more used than first and rest... the latter were
half-hearted attempts at making lisp "friendly" but have never seemed
to have gotten much traction; whether they're better is at best,
arguable...

-miles

--
Quotation, n. The act of repeating erroneously the words of another. The words
erroneously repeated.