Re: Rename `eww' to `web'

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Rename `eww' to `web'
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 01:43:15 +0200

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 1:29 AM, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

> `dispatcher' is a too technical term.  A more user-friendly term would be
> `alternatives' like you can see on GNU/Linux in /etc/alternatives/ that
> can be customized with such commands:
>
>   update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
>   update-alternatives --config gnome-www-browser

IIUC, you're proposing that the macro be called "alternatives-define".

> Using similar names like `alternatives-define' and more specific
> `www-browser-alternatives' or `browse-web-alternatives'
> would be more familiar to the users of GNU/Linux.

I don't understand in which context would "www-browser-alternatives"
or "browse-web-alternatives" be used. For which commands are these
options? www-browser and/or browse-web?

> IOW, you took the subject of
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-06/msg01427.html
> too literally.  There is no word "dispatcher" anywhere in command and
> variables
> proposed by Stefan in this message.

I'm low on bikesheding. I choose one name knowing full well someone
would complain. I don't have any preference. Your proposal suits me as
well as any other. Now, if someone else has a different proposal,
let's hear it, please.