Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 16:02:09 +0200

BTW, now I am noticing (I think not Cygwin specific) another issue regarding buffers restoration.

Suppose I am working with a foo.cpp buffer in HOME (~/foo.cpp). Suppose also I have visited another buffer ~/applications/foo.f90. Now I quit Emacs and delete the ~/foo.cpp file. When I restart Emacs, it restore both buffers: ~/applications/foo.f90 (and this is OK) and an EMPTY ~/applications/foo.cpp!!! and foo.cpp is visited in Fundamental mode (notice the new directory for foo.cpp too..).

I think this is wrong. Until few week ago, Emacs restored only the existent files, i.e. ~/applications/foo.f90 (in the Messages buffer it wrote something like "...foo.cpp not found...". I think this is the right thing to do: files that do not exist any more (or are moved elsewhere) should not be restored at all.

Ciao,
 Angelo.