Re: How to restore the layout?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 11:35:03 +0200

> And yet, I find very hard to believe that, when toolbars are enabled, this
code

>   (let ((params '((width . 60) (height . 25))))
>     (make-frame params)
>     (modify-frame-parameters (make-frame) params))
>
> is allowed to create two frames of different height. That's the very
> model of a modern major bug.

It could be also related to this part of x_figure_window_size:

  /* This used to be done _before_ calling x_figure_window_size, but
     since the height is reset here, this was really a no-op.  I
     assume that moving it here does what Gerd intended (although he
     no longer can remember what that was...  ++KFS, 2003-03-25.  */

  /* Add the tool-bar height to the initial frame height so that the
     user gets a text display area of the size he specified with -g or
     via .Xdefaults.  Later changes of the tool-bar height don't
     change the frame size.  This is done so that users can create
     tall Emacs frames without having to guess how tall the tool-bar
     will get.  */
  if (toolbar_p && FRAME_TOOL_BAR_HEIGHT (f))

So maybe you should file a bug report, at least to find out whether this
happens on all platforms.

martin