Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 16:32:35 +0200

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:

>   (let ((params '((width . 60) (height . 25))))
>     (make-frame params)
>     (modify-frame-parameters (make-frame) params))

I suppose I can work around the issue by modifying the saved frame
parameter 'height and substracting (cdr (assq 'tool-bar-lines PARAMS))
while restoring.

Aside: How come that there's no defuns assq-key, assq-value? Yes, they
are trivial; yes, they do introduce an overhead. And still, I've
written (cdr (assq ..)) so many times already that I'm starting to
like the idea of saving the parameter list as a plist just to be able
to use plist-(get|put)... Grr.