Re: Rename `eww' to `web'

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: Rename `eww' to `web'
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 07:20:28 +0800

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 11:33 PM, Daimrod <address@hidden> wrote:

>> One way we can make Emacs more usable is by giving commands
>> natural names that make no demand on users' memory.
>>
>> Since `eww' has never been in a release, let's rename it `web'
>> now, before users get it.
>
> We could add an alias.  The advantage of a "real" name is to simplify
> search ("emacs eww rendering problem" vs "emacs web rendering problem").

All for it.  There are many hard-to-search examples, for example:

* C, D, Basic, Go (programming languages)
* X (windowing system)

It can often be difficult to search related stuff about them.  If Emacs
is called "Edit" or "Editor", I'll be annoyed, too.

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/